Monday, December 22, 2014

Moving House

It has been a month since I last updated. I haven't been ignoring this page but life was extremely busy! We just moved about 9 time zones and several thousands of miles which has mean life has been a bit crazy.

In this season of giving stuff it has been interesting to get our personal belongings. I have to admit I have lost a little sight of my fewer things goal. Part of that was in a deep desire to make the season 'perfect' for my girls. So we re-purchased Christmas lights and basic decorations just to have a little bit of Christmas cheer before our things arrived this week.

However, when we were packed up I was sure we had gotten rid of SO much. Boy, was I wrong! All of the sudden I realized that I still have SO much stuff. I can say that a lot of it I didn't miss as much as I would have thought. Surprisingly it was mostly the kitchen stuff, and physical furniture. Our kids also really missed their toys and bedroom things. My hope is to take some of the boxes that our stuff have been packed up in and re-evaluate what is worth staying in my home.

I think on the potential chopping block is books (which is shocking. I have always loved having books in my home). I think my wardrobe is under scrutiny again as well as just cluttery 'keep sakes' that turn out to be just junk collecting.

One of my fears is that the house we are in is much larger than we are used to living in which leaves the risk of 'filling it up'. So we will be focusing on not adding unless it is truly necessary. I am realistic enough to know my husband and I do have to meet in the middle on the subject as well. So what do you think is the hardest aspect of cutting down on stuff in your home? Leave me a comment. I'd love to hear from you!

Kay xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment