Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Moving

Hello, hello! It has been VERY busy at our house the last few weeks which is why I have been absent around these parts. If you are just seeing this blog we are a military family and we are currently in one of the many stages of what we call a PCS (permanent changes of station) or otherwise known as MOVING.

This move, however, has been really interesting in learning what kind of minimalism I can live with and what I am really hoping to adhere to later on in life. Right now all of our home goods are boxed up and on four crates making their way over 8000 miles to their final destination. This has left us with some extreme minimalistic living. When you are stationed overseas you are given temporary furniture for the time period that you are either waiting on your home goods or having sent them, waiting to leave.

So at the moment we have in our 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath house : one two seat sofa, two single comfy chairs, two side tables, a coffee table, four lamps, a dinning table with four chairs, a high chair, one double bed, two side tables, one twin sized bed and two pack & plays/travel cots (one is ours we are taking and one was provided as a crib, which had I known, I wouldn't really have bothered with).

I think what I really miss is having pictures on the walls, and curtains on the windows. I want my home to feel homey, and well, it doesn't. So I can say I will likely never be one of those people who chooses like four pictures for their walls. I LOVE displaying artwork, and photos of those I love. However, I hate to say it, with the exception of a few pieces of furniture.. I kind of love the lack of furniture in our home. I miss our comfier sofa, but these work just as well, and while not like, beautiful, they aren't the worst either.

I am hoping these next 2.5 months (yes it will be that long before we see our things again) will be a lesson on what I really need and what maybe needs to go once we touch down on the other side. I did get rid of an incredible amount of stuff (clothes, housewares, etc) before we packed up. So here is too an even more insightful learning experience as all of my life is stored in boxes right now!

Kay xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment